• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not counting hours correctly

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a time sheet but it is not converting the time correctly, for instance clock in at 8:00 and clock out at 4:00 it is reading that as 12 hours and not just 8 hours like I need it to. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.

I have followed this tutorial https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/date_time_part1/index.html but it has really not got me anywhere. Any help will be appreciated

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saying that you followed that tutorial doesn't help .

You need to post your code and maybe  even share a sample of the file to have someone to review it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I will try to re-phrase this as easy as possible. I don't understand where to enter any code from that tutorial, I also don't know what to do to change the system from reading this as a 8:00 + 4:00 = 12. I want it to read time as I worked 8 hours.

Attached is how I adding up the weeks. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then in that case you're not following the tutorial. The tutorial is focusing on implementing JavaScript scripting.

When you work with times in Acrobat, such as hours and minutes, those values are dependent on the date.

The date arithmetic is different from the basic arithmetic that you're currently using with the built-in "sum" function.

What do you have in the Format tab for each of the "In" and "Out" fields in your form? Are they formatted as numbers, as hours and minutes, or no formatting at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HH:MM but no I have no formating at all in the format field, do I select Date? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines