• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not responding message

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe starts to save and then freezes. Then, I see "not responding". I have run "repair" with no success; i've checked to make sure I have the latest update--I have latest.  I've tried to save pdf from internet--won't save yet I can open the pdf and print!

Help!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LBRCoder

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the application starts to save then freezes with the error 'Not responding'

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please try to download it locally on your computer and check for the issue.

Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Freeware) or Adobe Acrobat DC (Subscritption) and what is the version installed? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC

As you have already tried repairing the installation and checked for the latest update without any success, Please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help article How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to defaul... - Adobe Support Community - 4792082 and see if that makes any difference.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in mac and try using the application there and check.

You may also take a look at the help article Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

Can you provide some more info regarding the issue here. Below are a few queries regarding the issue :

• OS version (WIN or MAC and version as well)
  • Adobe Acrobat/Reader's version for which the issue is observed to
  • Printer name and installed directly or shared
  • Is the issue observed on only a single file or any available file.
  • Is it possible to share the sample file on which the issue is faced.

These answer(s) will help us to help you with the issue you're facing.

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines