• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method.

Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys,

I'm getting this error when I click in the check box in adobe. do I have a settings issue or a syntax issue or what? can anyone help?

NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to this property or method.

1. Doc.insertPages:4:Field Check Box6:Mouse Up

Here is the code

1. this.insertPages({

nPage : -1,

cPath : "/G/SYNC/TEMP PM/M2T3/P10779-C.pdf",

nStart: 0

});

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the note about security in the documentation: http://livedocs.adobe.com/acrobat_sdk/9.1/Acrobat9_1_HTMLHelp/JS_API_AcroJS.88.504.html

If you want it to work from a field in a PDF, you (and all other users) will have to install a folder-level JavaScript that includes the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I'm kind of new to this, how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a few tutorials that should help:

Folder JavaScripts: http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/folder_level_scripts

Trusted Functions: http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/using_trusted_functions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like the first link will be helpful imiedately, however I don't seem to have the global.js and global.settings.js files it's saying are there. in my C:\Users\toml\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\9.0 there is no javascripts folder and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Javascripts there is only a JSByteCodeWin.bin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awsome now I'm getting somewhere...none of these pages were coming up when I searched thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

I saw your remarks about creation of a folder-level file containing JavaScript routines to work under privileged security. If I understood correctly the folder is located on client-side ...right ?
My application expose (in the cloud) as interface an Adobe Form that needs to be filled in by the user. So I do not have access to client-machine, Also my app tries to call a SOAP web-service using a JS associated to a button. Oddly the application works fine on client pc (Windows 7) but has problems on Windows 10 for mobile !

This error ("Security settings prevent access to this property or method") happens just in case of mobile when trying to do a call to

var myProxy = SOAP.connect(myURL);

var myStringObject = { soapType: "xsd:string",  soapValue: "<docbinary>" + contstr + "</docbinary>"  };

var result = myProxy.SaveDocument(myStringObject);

Again the code works on PC. It fails on Windows 10 mobile.

I am using Internet Explorer on both as this is the browser that enable me to do this.

The form was design with Adobe Acrobat 9, On the client side I have an Adobe Acrobat reader.

Is it any settings of the browser on mobile that I can use so that the behaviour would be like the one on PC (where it does the call correctly) ?

Thank you,

Sever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to look at the documentation for the specific method you want to use. There are multiple different causes of this error and you need to be specific. Expect significant differences between Acrobat and Reader at the client. Be sure to check the Notes -and- the Quick Bar for the method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for reply.

However I would appreciate to know if I can make a call to any type of web-service (SOAP or REST) from Adobe Reader.?

It seems it pops up that error mentioned ahead in any type of call - Type A mentioned previously, or Type B mentioned in this message. I mentioned that I used also with AD account authentication and still same error.

I even use another type of call with authentication and expose the web-service externally or internally.

I still keep getting the " Security settings prevent access to this property or method."  error.

Here's the code I mentioned:

// ***********************************************************

// Type B - call SOAP web-service with authentication

// Start of call

var ver = SOAPVersion.version_1_2;

var oAuthenticator2 = { UsePlatformAuth: "false" };

var cURLp = "https://www.mydomainname.ca/xdfws/Service1.asmx";

var cActionp = "https://www.mydomainname.ca/ProdPIR2/SaveDocument";

var oRequestp = {

soapValue: "<SaveDocument xmlns='https://www.mydomainname.ca/ProdPIR2'>" +

"<docbinary>" + contstr + "</docbinary>" +

"</SaveDocument>"

};

SOAP.wireDump = "true";

var response = Net.SOAP.request(

{

cURL: cURLp,

oRequest: oRequestp,

cAction: cActionp,

oAuthenticate: oAuthenticator2,

bEncoded: false,

cVersion: ver,

cResponseStyle: SOAPMessageStyle.Message

});

var value = response[0].soapValue[0].soapValue;

app.alert("File FDF was SENT ! ");

// End of call

// **********************************************************************

Thank you again for reply and advise ... but still need one more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible with Reader, but only if the document has been given the corresponding usage rights using LiveCycle Reader Extensions, which may be called something else these days. Not inexpensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent George ! Thank you a lot !

Can you give me a hint who should I contact for that.

Seems it's a spookie question and a real hidden reply ...

I need that really urgently ...unless I don't need it at all !

Really appreciate your kind reply !

Happy coding George !

sever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or I should probably post everywhere that Adobe Reader don't support any more web-service calls ... probably without thrird part costlier expenses ... which makes adobe reader functionality pretty obsolete ...

I better get a valid reply on this ...

Thanks all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find the solution for this error? I'm having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fully answered above. I should add, however, that the product LiveCycle, needed to grant document rights, is now called Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in the documentation, it’s hardly a secret.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

app.getPath("user","javascript");

results in 

GeneralError: Operation failed.
App.getPath:1:Console undefined:Exec

undefined

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kingma, this is because you have not yet made the folder. Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-sdk-discussions/i-can-not-find-the-quot-user-quot-quot-javasc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines