• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR becomes visible when enhancing

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a set of several hundred PDFs that have been scanned and OCR'd already. However, I still need to deskew these PDFs

When I deskew using the Optimize function in Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Pro, the OCR layer becomes visible over the existing text/images, and creates a bit of a mess. Any ideas on how I can keep the OCR hidden when de-skewing?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Benjamin,

Hope you are doing fine. Sorry that we couldn't answer to your question on time.

First you should understand, how Deskew and OCR are interrelated to each other. When you OCR a document, you can e.g. select text in that document. In order for the text selection (which is actually selecting the hidden text "behind" the image) to line up correct with the image, the image needs to be deskewed. This is the reason why Acrobat always deskews when you OCR or vise-versa

A detailed help article on this: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Can-I-turn-off-the-Deskew-function-when-ocr-ing-my-pdf-s-q208226.as...

When using the Optimize function in Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Pro, using "Optimize Scanned Pages", the next window that opens up, there's an option to uncheck the "Recognize Text". Unchecking the option would let you proceed without running OCR.

Optimize pdf.PNG

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines