Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR clear text, Edit PDF blurred !

Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a old book page from file (scanned) open from file in OCR, save as PDF, go to Edit PDF, the text changes to very blurred poor quality ? I've used AA for quite a while using scanned old text, so I know my way around, I use a different scaning software but only started trying OCR. below is in OCR 'enhance' ! the better one lower is from file before OCR !

enhanced .jpg

Edit mode.jpg

  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, when you go to go to Edit PDF, the text changes to very blurred poor quality.

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

- What is the workflow/steps you did to create the PDF  from the scanned document?

- What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check if that works

Also, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using a software called Scan Tailor for a couple of years. They
come is a TIF. never been any problem. I don't export as a PDF but as a PNG
or JPG.
Not using OCR for now.

Also on going problem. I get this 'watch' curser (see SS) I've exited twice
and it's sill there.
[image: 20210430_105545.jpg]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ongoing; I've uninstalled AA and now I can't get it install, this program
has given me so much trouble and I thought it was a simple program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind sharing what happens when you try to install the application? Do you get any error message? if yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Also try to run the Acrobat Cleaner tool - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines