• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR on Multiple Images on a .pdf Imaged Form

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro to apply OCR to the .pdf image of a scanned single page form.  When I analyze the .pdf file using Preflight, and view the results, it shows there are three separate images identified on the page.  When the "Edit PDF" function is initiated only the first image on the page has OCR applied to the text content.  One of the separate images on the page that is not OCR'ed contains both blacked out cells and cells with text content that I would like to have recognized.  I would appreciate any clarification or direction on how to effectively accomplish this objective through flattening the images on the page to a single image or adjustment of other settings.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The number of images doesn't matter. The OCR process scans all the contents of the page. If it's not working it means it's no picking up the text, for whatever reason. Merging the images is not likely to change that. If you really want to do it, though, you can save all the pages as images (File - Save As Other - Image), which "flattens" the page contents and creates a single image from it. Then create a new file from those images and run Text Recognition on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines