• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older, perpetual license installation of Acrobat is requesting Adobe ID to sign in.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some subscriptions to the new version Adobe Acrobat DC, but I also have some old installations of DC 2015 that were purchased as a perpetual license with a license key. Suddenly some of these perpetrual licensed installations started asking for Adobe ID, and they will not accept anything I give it. It is as if Adobe now believes that this is a subscription installation. What has happened here? Has Adobe revoked older perpetual licensed installations? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris!

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please confirm if you are trying to use both the latest subscription and perpetual license version on the same machine? Please let us know if you are using the application on work machines or personal machines.

What happens when you try to add the Adobe ID? Do you receive any error messages? If yes, please share the screenshot with us.

Confirm the current Acrobat version number and OS installed on your machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Meenakshi,

No, not using both the latest subscription and the perpetual version on the same machine. Just the perpetual version.

This version of the software does not require an Adobe ID, so these users did not have an Adobe ID. I created an Adobe ID for a user and entered it in, and Acrobat launched in trial mode.

On a different user's machine I entered the Teams administrator ID, which was a mistake as now the administrator ID is linked to this user's Adobe installation. I thought maybe the email address associated with the administrator ID was used to purchase the license keys in the past.

Windows 10 20H2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 release (Classic) Version 2015.006.30527

[cid:RothFirm300px(002)_23fec12e-5a39-4db1-9e8d-6233b0746e7a.jpg]

Christopher Reeves
The Roth Firm

PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW MAILING ADDRESS:
1600 Parkwood Circle SE, Suite 600
Atlanta, Georgia 30339

Phone: (404) 250-3236
Fax: (404) 393-9770
www.rothlawyer.com

Offices in Georgia and Tennessee

How are we doing? Give us your comments at feedback@rothlawyer.com

INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS EMAIL COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED FOR THE PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL USE OF THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT(S) NAMED ABOVE. This message may be an Attorney-Client communication or work product and as such, is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you have received this communication in error, any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy this communication and notify us immediately by telephone and/or reply email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines