• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On Mac: Adobe does not recognize that we have a paid subscription and opens the reader

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we are facing always the same issue when trying to run the Acrobat Reader DC:

We have a montly subcription for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. But when opening a pdf, it is opened with the reader and tells me I have to subscribe to Acrobat Reader DC in order use the extra features. Then it guides me to the subscription only until I click on any of the options, it will tell me "you already have a subcription". Well, then I am stuck as the reader does not realize that and thus I cannot use any Pro features.

By chance we manage to open it "in the right way" after a while wasting 10-20min. We see no clear logic how to get the Pro version running.

Whats the issue here?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you the PDF opens with Reader and tell you to subscribe to Acrobat DC in order to use extra features.

I have checked the account details with the email you are using on this community and found that you have a subscription to Acrobat Pro DC.

Please logout of the Acrobat Reader application and reboot the computer once and download Acrobat Pro DC from the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and login with the same Adobe ID and password and check if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Furthermore, despite what some may tell you, you really should not have both Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro installed in parallel on a single system. Acrobat Pro is a superset of Acrobat Reader. There is nothing to be accomplished by having both on a system.

Uninstall Reader and download and install Acrobat Pro.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines