• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On opening Acrobat DC, a help/demo window pops up that closes and re-opens over and over again

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Acrobat DC via Creative Cloud on Windows 10. On launching Acrobat DC, it automatically pops up some sort of tutorial/help window, which then closes and reopens over and over again, preventing me from using the application. I can't access any file menu options in Acrobat because of this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Creative Cloud and Acrobat DC, but it did not fix the issue. Any ideas on what might be going on?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Benjamin,

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused. 

Is seems you have been getting such option  whenever you are launching the application, not just as first time experience.

To disable it, try making this change into the Acrobat preferences setting and see if that works:

Please go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show me messages when i launch Adobe Acrobat' > Click OK and reboot the application.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines