Highlighted

Open a specific page on other PDF using javascript

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create links (automated) in an Adobe Acrobat PDF document to open other PDF documents but pointing to a specific page. For an example link1 should open page 5 of abc.pdf located on the same folder (local). If someone can post some sample javascript code that would be very helpful.
Thanks

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Open a specific page on other PDF using javascript

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create links (automated) in an Adobe Acrobat PDF document to open other PDF documents but pointing to a specific page. For an example link1 should open page 5 of abc.pdf located on the same folder (local). If someone can post some sample javascript code that would be very helpful.
Thanks

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Acrobat forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a script. Create the link and then select the "Go to a page view" as its action. When the floating window with the Set Link button appears open the file you want to link to, scroll down to the desired page and then press that button.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have large number of links to create on the PDF based on word pattern. Therefore I am looking for automated way to create the links. How could I automate the process you describe in the reply. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This requires using a script or a stand-alone tool, like these (paid-for) tools I've created:

http://try67.blogspot.com/2012/03/acrobat-create-custom-links-from-text.html

The script version can only apply actions that are script-based, though. The stand-alone version can create native "Go to a page view" actions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does your tool work? Just to explain you what I need. I need to search and create links for some identifiers (with Regular Expresion pattern, e.g: XX-000002 or ABC0006) and some random text (like a footnote "my sample link file is saved here") which I have in a CSV file with associated file name and page number. And then when you click on the link it should open the specified page in associated PDF file. And most of the links are to the PDF files and there are some links to docx, xlsx, jpgs etc. Does your tool would support these requirements? Please let me know. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it supports all of that. I recommend using the stand-alone version, though, as it's more robust and can create actions of different kinds. If you have additional questions about it please contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com].

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to how it works, you specify it with an input text file (CSV or tab-delimited) that contains the search terms, the appearance settings of the links and the settings for the action(s) to attach to them, select the files you want to process and then let it do its thing! It's all explained in detail when you get it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll get back to you on your email.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0