• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open in acrobat option

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have "open in acrobat" option on chrome. What to do? 

TOPICS
How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

More specifically, Google Chrome does not provide for an alternate PDF display although as indicated by @Mike Bro, you can configure Chrome to save PDF files. After saving the PDF file, you have an option to either (1) open the PDF file directly in the “system viewer” and/or open the directory in which the PDF file was saved with the file highlighted and open the file manually yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Go to your settings in Chrome, go to: Privacy and security > Site Settings > PDF documents

Turn on the setting "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome"

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 6.25.36 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not open my PDFs on my Mac destop. It only opens in the Chrome browser. I reset the Chrome settings to download PDF, not in Browser but it is still opening in Chrome - even after I restarted my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More specifically, Google Chrome does not provide for an alternate PDF display although as indicated by @Mike Bro, you can configure Chrome to save PDF files. After saving the PDF file, you have an option to either (1) open the PDF file directly in the “system viewer” and/or open the directory in which the PDF file was saved with the file highlighted and open the file manually yourself.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I open Chrome - I open up the extensions.  There is no option to select Adobe Acrobat.  I need to be able to open a PDF file and convert it to Word format.  How do I do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines