Highlighted

open PDF in IE issue with Adobe acrobat reader 2017 installed

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all 

we would like to find a solution to keep open PDF within IE11 broswer instead of a pop up adobe reader window.

when we have Adobe acrobat reader 2017 new installation(no reboot), I can open the PDF within IE11(showing in below picture1),but after reboot, it will always open in a pop up  adobe reader window instead of open in IE(showing in below picture2). and I removed Adobe acrobat reader 2017 and reinstall it again with no reboot, PDF can be open in IE again but it changed to popup Adobe reader window again after reboot. 

could you please advise if there is a register key control this feature.how i can  keep open PDF within IE11. why new installation with no reboot works fine but it changed after reboot.

I know install Adobe acrobat reader DC can fix this issue but we would like to use Adobe acrobat reader 2017 because it has better performance in our environment.

much appreciated!

Picture1openinIE1.png

Picture2

openinIE2.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

open PDF in IE issue with Adobe acrobat reader 2017 installed

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all 

we would like to find a solution to keep open PDF within IE11 broswer instead of a pop up adobe reader window.

when we have Adobe acrobat reader 2017 new installation(no reboot), I can open the PDF within IE11(showing in below picture1),but after reboot, it will always open in a pop up  adobe reader window instead of open in IE(showing in below picture2). and I removed Adobe acrobat reader 2017 and reinstall it again with no reboot, PDF can be open in IE again but it changed to popup Adobe reader window again after reboot. 

could you please advise if there is a register key control this feature.how i can  keep open PDF within IE11. why new installation with no reboot works fine but it changed after reboot.

I know install Adobe acrobat reader DC can fix this issue but we would like to use Adobe acrobat reader 2017 because it has better performance in our environment.

much appreciated!

Picture1openinIE1.png

Picture2

openinIE2.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please also provide info about the operating system where this is occuring, and version number of Acrobat Reader.

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Adobe Internet Access plugin?

Is this happening in just in computer or every computer running Acrobat Reader 2017 in your workplace?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS version windows 10 1803(OS build 17134.1130)

Adobe reader 2017 version 2017.011.30099

Adobe Internet Access plugin is not reinstalled. could you please advise how to reinstall it.

it happening on every computer running acrobat reader 2017 in our workplace.

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2019 0
Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To manage addons in Internet Explorer see the following guidance from Microsoft support:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17447/windows-internet-explorer-11-manage-add-ons 

And here for Adibe guidance:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/display-pdf-in-browser.html 

Related registry keys for browser integration:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/adobe-reader-x-disable-quot-display-pdf-in-browser-q... 

Internet Explorer, adobe acrobat toolbar:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/enable-create-pdf-toolbar-in-ie.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ls_rbls

I tried all links above but no luck. whenever i reinstalled the adobe acrobat reader 2017, PDF can be opened within IE windows. but this deature is gone after computer is restarted.

please advise if  this application will  make some change on the setting after the computer restarted.

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Windows 10, the MS Edge browser is the default PDF viewer and handler.

It seems that you need to change the default PDF application.

If you want PDF documents to always open in Internet Explorer you need to make Internet Explorer browser your default web browser and the Adobe Reader your default PDF handler.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Update,

Just checking if the issues that you were experiencing are addressed with recent updates to your product.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0