Open pdf on specific page

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

Environment

My operating system is Windows 10 64 bit

I am using Adobe Acrobat PRO DC (20.012.20048)

Requirement

I am opening PFD files using th Windows Hyperlinks.

I wish to set up the Hyperling in a way that I can open the file on a specific page of the pdf.

So when I am working on a textbook and use OneNote as Notes application, I wish to have a hyperling on the OneNote page set up in the way that it opens the book at a certain page.

For example when I have a One Note page in which I summarize Chapter 2 of the book, I want to have there a hyperlink to the book with a parameter to open it on page 25 - which is the start of Chapter 2.

I looked around on the web, saw quite a view articles and Youtube clips, but none of them seems to do the trick.

My pdf files are located on my computer either on my provate disk or on an OneDrive folder.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

That's something to ask the One Note developers... It is possible to open a PDF file to a specific page, but it depends on how that application does it.

Also, I moved your question to the Acrobat forum from the Reader one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's something to ask the One Note developers... It is possible to open a PDF file to a specific page, but it depends on how that application does it.

Also, I moved your question to the Acrobat forum from the Reader one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the answer to pavelkanka's question please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is on the page. I will repeat it for your convenience, though I think maybe you already saw it "That's something to ask the One Note developers... It is possible to open a PDF file to a specific page, but it depends on how that application does it."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above is is a non-answer.  It does not address the *substantive* question posed by PavelKanka.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see you do not want to ask the OneNote developers, but that does not mean the answer is wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines