• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open PDFs automatically when using Save As PDF

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Acrobat DC from Acobat Reader. When I used to 'Save As' Pdf using Reader the pdf file would the open automatically. Using DC, that doesn't appear to happen by default. Is there something in preferences (or elsehwere) that I can select to have this happen automatically in DC please?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

I can't find the setting that you are referring to, Bernd, but I've now found the menu for the Adobe Add-in in Excel. Clicking on the Creat PDF on the left hand side opens the file in Acrobat DC. Was it this you were referring to, or a setting somewhere else. If somewhere else, could you provide details of where to find it please?

Trevor1674_0-1612982147933.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what app does you use save as PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bernd. I predominently use Excel, but also other Office 365 programs also , at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a setting of the Office apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the setting that you are referring to, Bernd, but I've now found the menu for the Adobe Add-in in Excel. Clicking on the Creat PDF on the left hand side opens the file in Acrobat DC. Was it this you were referring to, or a setting somewhere else. If somewhere else, could you provide details of where to find it please?

Trevor1674_0-1612982147933.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have Adobe Acrobat use Adobe Add-In.

You can also the option "Open file after publishing":

Save-As-Options.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thank you again Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated my Adobe programs, and files exported from InDesign did not open automatically in Acrobat Pro DC like they used to. I'm on a new iMac desktop, and I figured out what the problem was--a box wasn't checked on the export.

I went to File>Export>Adobe (Print). In the General tab, I clicked on "View PDF after Exporting. Issue fixed.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 8.21.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines