Highlighted

Opening a linked PDF in IE causes the original web page tab to close and restart

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an eLearning module with Storyline. I publish it (as HTML5) and then open it in IE. When I click to display a linked PDF, the file opens in a new browser tab. However, sometimes this causes the first tab (displaying the eLearning) to close and reopen, displaying the first page of the module.

When that happens, I get an IE error message that says: “A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.”

The PDF file size doesn't seem to be the issue. Could there be something in the PDF file, such as a graphic image, or something in the way the PDF was created or formatted, that could be causing this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opening a linked PDF in IE causes the original web page tab to close and restart

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an eLearning module with Storyline. I publish it (as HTML5) and then open it in IE. When I click to display a linked PDF, the file opens in a new browser tab. However, sometimes this causes the first tab (displaying the eLearning) to close and reopen, displaying the first page of the module.

When that happens, I get an IE error message that says: “A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.”

The PDF file size doesn't seem to be the issue. Could there be something in the PDF file, such as a graphic image, or something in the way the PDF was created or formatted, that could be causing this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0

Have something to add?