Highlighted

Opening and Closing Files is incredibly slow with Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the sudden it is incredibly slow to open and close files, even small ones.  This suddenly began a few hours ago and is still going.  Anytime I open or close it takes about 30 seconds.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opening and Closing Files is incredibly slow with Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the sudden it is incredibly slow to open and close files, even small ones.  This suddenly began a few hours ago and is still going.  Anytime I open or close it takes about 30 seconds.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Briand

We are sorry for the trouble. As described,  it is incredibly slow to open and close files

Is this an issue with a particular PDf file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different pdf file and check.

What is the version of the application you are using? To check the version please go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC.
Make sure you have the latest version. Go to Help > Check for updates

Also, you may try the following preference settings and see if that help:

• Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (Mac) > General > Uncheck, 'Show online storage when opening file' > Click OK 
  • Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (Mac) > Enhanced security > Turn off the protected mode and uncheck ''enhanced security' > Click OK
    Note: Please turn on the security after testing

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

Whenever I open or close any file, it takes between 30 seconds to 1 minute to respond.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.012.20043

I tested the above options and the issue remains unresolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 1
Cu5FB1 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue since we installed Acrobat Pro DC 2020.012.20048.  It can take up to 20 minutes before the file opens.  Restarting the computer fixes the issue temporarily.  Looks like a memory leak because it only happens if you open multiple files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0