• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening document

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file will not open for me. Can anyone help be figure out why?

When I remote in from home I can get the file to open.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VickiatUNL - First, I was able to download the PDF and open it just fine locally.  There are lots of variables that maybe you can help sort out in troubleshooting this.  What program are you using to attempt to open the file?  It is a relatively large file, and I wonder if it is being hosted online, and the download speed might be a factor?  The more details you can provide, the better chance we may have at figuring out what might be preventing you from opening it.  Mac?  Wondows?  Acrobat Version - Reader?  Do tell.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please be more specific. The file opened fine on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open the document in Adobe Acrobat DC and everytime I try on my computer at work it acts like it will open and then completely shuts down the program. I can open other PDF documents on this computer with no issue. I use my laptop to open the this PDF and problems. Seems like my Adobe Acrobat DC (on work computer) is not liking something about this PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Acrobat is shutting down then it is likely you have some kind of fault in the Acrobat install in your system. Acrobat does not have the most stable code base. Its big, complicated, and old. Sometimes, badly formed features in a PDF will cause Acrobat to choke. Seems like you may have hit one of these.  I would suggest two things. Have someone with a working version Acrobat pro optimize this PDF. That may fix the issue in the PDF. Second, try repairing or re-installing Acrobat Pro. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both computers (work and home remote PC) using the same build version of Adobe Acrobat Pro  and the  same update version with the same operating system(smabuild same latest updates)?

If you're on a MS Windows PC I  would suggest to check your firewall or VPN (if any). It is possible that one of the processes that run in the background is blocked or something.

Check the event viewer for bnotifications, you'll definitely can spot the warning errors there. Then share a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved the issue my restarting my computer at work. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super - glad you've found a working solution!

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines