• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opimization says attachments need to be optimized separately

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to optimize a pdf but when I click to optimize PDF then Advanced Optimization, I get a message saying "This PDF file contains attachments.  PDF Optimizer will not process the attachments.  You'll need to open each attachment and run this command to process all files."  I have no idea what attachments they are talking about, how to go about finding them, and then once I do, how to process them if they are all within one doc.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Hi Prasanna

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'This PDF file contains attachments. PDF Optimizer will not process the attachments. You'll need to open each attachment and run this command to process all files.' when you try to optimize the PDF file.

What happens when you click on OK button on the error message does it let you use the PDF optimizer?

As mentioned you have no idea of any attachments in the PDF and how to open them. Pleas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Prasanna

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'This PDF file contains attachments. PDF Optimizer will not process the attachments. You'll need to open each attachment and run this command to process all files.' when you try to optimize the PDF file.

What happens when you click on OK button on the error message does it let you use the PDF optimizer?

As mentioned you have no idea of any attachments in the PDF and how to open them. Please click on the attachment icon in the left tool pane, it will show you the attachments present in the PDF file. You can double click on the attachments to open them and run the optimizer to these files.

Untitled.png

For more information about optimizing PDFs please check out the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/optimizing-pdfs-acrobat-pro.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines