Highlighted

Organize pages tool is adding more pages

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Organize Pages tool to manually delete pages from a 430 page document. My problem is that every page I highlight duplicates itself in the same document?! I watch as my page count rises whilst I highlight.

I just can't work it out. 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Organize pages tool is adding more pages

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Organize Pages tool to manually delete pages from a 430 page document. My problem is that every page I highlight duplicates itself in the same document?! I watch as my page count rises whilst I highlight.

I just can't work it out. 

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you please describe in more details the steps that you are following before that happens?

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, thank you.

With the file open, I select Tools and then Organize Pages. I hold down 'ctrl' on my keyboard and begin manually clicking the pages I want to delete. After I have selected a few pages, those same pages start appearing again as duplicates, and I can see that my page count rises above the orignal 430.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select the page and press the delete button

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please re-read my forum question

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 0
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you delete the pages when you press the delete button?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 0
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if when you say highlight the pages you actually mean selecting a page for extraction.

If that is the case, when you get the extraction tool bar ribbon opened if you select "Extract" make sure to tick the checkboxes underneath that that says" Delete pages after extraction" and " Extract as separate files".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I mean selecting the pages, however not for extraction but rather to delete (NB: I am selecting a bunch of unneccssary pages within the PDF that I do not need & would like to delete).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 0
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a few useful links.

The best solution I could find for your case is to add or create a custom action wizard . This would be the work around to avoid having you to manually select pages using the Organize Pages Action Wizzard (which is not behaving properly when you select pages).

My first approach would be to open the thumbnails pane to the left margin of the working space   and do a manual deletion of the pages. However, because some of the files that you are dealing with are over 400 pages long you may want to automate some of the tasks involved following the steps shown in the following links:

https://www.evermap.com/Tutorial_ASP_DeleteDuplicatePages.asp <----- this is a very good step-by-step tutorial

https://www.evermap.com/ActionWizardDC.asp

https://www.evermap.com/Tutorial_ASP_ActionWizardDC.asp

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/manipulating-deleting-renumbering-pdf-pages.html

In any case ,

1) perform a search or an advanced search to find duplicates. You will have to define an index catalogue which is very straight forward.

2) Customizing an action wizard just to split /delete/ or delete page ranges. For this to work that is why step 1 above is important so you don't end up deleting pages that were not supposed to be deleted.

For your convenience, I am also including here https://acrobatusers.com/exchange where you can search for other useful action wizards that you can download and add to your collection of tool add-ons and here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/action-wizard-acrobat-pro.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2019 1
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just following up and see if this issue was finally addressed by applying recent updates to Acrobat.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0
Dave__M LATEST
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if maybe you are using the Ctrl key to multiple-select pages, and you accidentally dragged your selections, effectively duplicating the pages.  The Control key adds the 'create copy' notion to a drag gesture in many programs. I have accidentally done this many times, in many programs over the years if not careful!

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 1