OS language Dutch is not available in Adobe to read out loud

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem. In Microsoft Windows, the default language for reading out loud in e.g. MS Word is Dutch, speaker Frank. 

This is unfortunately not available in Adobe Acrobat Pro, they only have English/UK English/US French and German. How can I get default Voice Frank to enable in Acrobat? AAP.pngMSW.png

Any answer would be nice, even if the answer is "not possible", It'll spare me lot of searching and trying time! 

TIA,

Frank Otter, the Netherlands

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Addition. 

I was looking for a reason why this problem could occur. 

In the Regedit I found these keys :

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\Voices\Tokens
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\SPEECH\Voices\Tokens

In this key, the only four mentioned voices (picture 1) are available, while on other places all voices (picture 2), including Frank (Dutch, not me) are available. So what I think is that Adobe is looking at the wrong place for installed languages. Could this be possible? I'm not very familiar with Regedit, I must admit, and don't know if this is the cause of the problem, it's just something I found out. 

Frank Otter, the Netherlands

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines