Exit

Other text disappearing when redactions are applied

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

We are using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 19

We noticed that when applying redactions to some documents, that text below the redacted text just disappears. 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Thanks 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Hi Audrey,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, when applying redaction to some documents, that text below the redacted text just disappears. 

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once and check if that helps. 

If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please downlo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Audrey,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, when applying redaction to some documents, that text below the redacted text just disappears. 

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once and check if that helps. 

If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download the file to your computer locally and then try to redact  and check.

You may also try to repair the installation (Win Only) and check. Go to Help > Repair Installation

Also try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal 

Worked through all your suggestions and it fixed the problem. 

Thank you very much for your help. 

Regards

Audrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and none of the above has worked.  I have recently had to update to resolve another issue, so I am up to date on the latest version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michell5E60 

Make sure you have the recent version 23.06.20320 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the version that I have.  There are no updates.  I am going to do the preferences now and I will let you know how it works.  Wish me luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines