• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outlook hangs up because of Acrobat plug in?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my PC Microsoft Outlook hangs up oftentimes. My software adviser thinks that this may be caused by the Acrobat plug-in in Outlook. Does anybody have similar problems?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the MS outlook hangs often sometimes

Would you mind sharing more details about the issue for a better understanding? What is the workflow/steps you are doing that leads to outlook hang/freeze?

Consecutive attempts to send PDF as email attachment from within Acrobat Reader may result in both Acrobat Reader / Outlook crash/freeze. If that is the case, please refer to the suggestion provided in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/outlook-acrobat-reader-freeze-crash.html and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal

Outlook freezes while I am working on other programs. And then I notice that Outlook is not downloading e-mails. The problem can only be solved by a shutdown of Windows. When doing so, Windows says that Outlook is still working, while the Task manager does not mention it as an active routine. After restarting Windows every thing works perfectely. So Outlook is not hanging while using it, but when open as a background routine. I do not send e-Mails out from pdf-Documents, so this cannot be the reason for the problem.

Regards Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please try running Outlook in Safe mode? This does not look to be an issue related to Acrobat.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines