• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ow can I move the  "page navigation tools" in acrobat pro dc for Mac?

Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I move the  "page navigation tools" in acrobat pro dc for Mac? THey are currently on the right side of the toolbar; I want to move them to the leftside. The same is true of page number view (the box). Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you cannot do that. The toolbars are fixed. There was a version of Acrobat many years ago that allowed you to mix and match the differnet tools on the toolbars, but that has not worked in a long time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Something has changed, then, in my layout. It used to show these tabs on the left side, until yesterday. My other machine (same software configuration) has the page navigation tools on the left side too. So they cannot be truly fixed. I may just try rebuilding the toolbar from scratch to see if that helps—if there is no other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you right-click on the toolbar, you should see an option to reset the toolbar configuration. That should take care of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Painless. One thing I cannot restore: I had a stamps palette option showing in the menubar--for stamps and for my customized stamps. I don't see how to restore this. Is there a way? (Stamps in the customization menu gives me only Bates Numbering, which I never use.) But it may be that stamps never appeared there and it was always in the tools menubar to the right of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can help you with that: Open a document, then select "Comment" from the right hand tools pane to have access to the commenting tools. Then take the stamp pallete tool and drag it into the Quick tools section of your toolbar. You will see the cursor change to indicate that you can acutally add the tool. However, when you drop it, it will not show up - for that, you have to close your document and open it again. Now the modiifed toolbar will be there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes. I forgot about that.

Thanks.

Last question: there are default tools I never use; can these be removed? Eg: the star (access on all devices icon) and the cloud save tool; printer icon; search icon (all on the left).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the toolbar, then select "Show File Tools", you can then e.g. turn off the star tool. These are all toggles, so selecting once shows the tool, clicking again hides it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks encore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to come back on this, but once again the program has swapped toolbar positions:

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 8.39.11 PM.png

The tools after the divider, after the circle tool (page navigation etc), used to live on the left side (before the annotation tools). After an upgrade (auto-upgrade) they switched over to the right side. In a word, the toolbar configuration is unstable. 

Is there a way to restore the settings without having to recreate them every time Acrobat decides to do a switcheroo on me? It's easy but not trivial effort to reset to scratch and rebuild each time.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines