Highlighted

Page Display Tools in a PDF Portfolio - some shortcuts don't work

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in a PDF Portfolio view, I would like to be able to use a shortcut to view a PDF page as "Zoom to page level" or "Fit one full page to window".

In a normal single PDF, I can add these tools/buttons to the toolbar. But in a PDF Portfolio, the Page Navigation Tools and Page Display Tools are not available to show on the toolbar. Nor are those tools/buttons available on the HUD/Page Controls. See screenshot below for the difference. 

2020-10-01_PDF Portfolio Page Display.png

While in the PDF Portfolio, I am able to go to the menu bar: View > Zoom > Zoom to Page Level (Ctrl+0). Seeing the shortcut tip "Ctrl+0" in the menu, I did try that, but it didn't work (the zoom didn't budge at all). None of the shortcuts listed under View > Zoom work (Ctrl+Y, Ctrl+0, Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, Ctrl+4). Other shortcuts, such as Ctrl+plus, Ctrl+minus, do work in a PDF Portfolio (to zoom in & out at small increments). Which is why I'm confused that some shortcuts do not work. Since it offers the shortcut tip when I go to the menu within a PDF portfolio, it seems that it is bug or something for Ctrl+0 to not work. 

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 2020.012.20048. And I do have the single-key accelerators checked under Edit > Preferences > General.

Because I'm working with a lot of documents, it is essential to be able to have some sort of shortcut to view a page within a PDF portfolio as "Zoom to page level" or "Fit one full page to window". 

I would appreciate any suggestions. 🙂

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Page Display Tools in a PDF Portfolio - some shortcuts don't work

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in a PDF Portfolio view, I would like to be able to use a shortcut to view a PDF page as "Zoom to page level" or "Fit one full page to window".

In a normal single PDF, I can add these tools/buttons to the toolbar. But in a PDF Portfolio, the Page Navigation Tools and Page Display Tools are not available to show on the toolbar. Nor are those tools/buttons available on the HUD/Page Controls. See screenshot below for the difference. 

2020-10-01_PDF Portfolio Page Display.png

While in the PDF Portfolio, I am able to go to the menu bar: View > Zoom > Zoom to Page Level (Ctrl+0). Seeing the shortcut tip "Ctrl+0" in the menu, I did try that, but it didn't work (the zoom didn't budge at all). None of the shortcuts listed under View > Zoom work (Ctrl+Y, Ctrl+0, Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, Ctrl+4). Other shortcuts, such as Ctrl+plus, Ctrl+minus, do work in a PDF Portfolio (to zoom in & out at small increments). Which is why I'm confused that some shortcuts do not work. Since it offers the shortcut tip when I go to the menu within a PDF portfolio, it seems that it is bug or something for Ctrl+0 to not work. 

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 2020.012.20048. And I do have the single-key accelerators checked under Edit > Preferences > General.

Because I'm working with a lot of documents, it is essential to be able to have some sort of shortcut to view a page within a PDF portfolio as "Zoom to page level" or "Fit one full page to window". 

I would appreciate any suggestions. 🙂

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the planned update that you have some issues with the zooming views was addressed with bookmarks.

I think I answered this not so long ago for another user.

I recreated the portfolio scenario on my end and I did notice that soon after the conversion to a PDF Protfolio takes place the first file in that PDF portfolio is selected by default. 

So I am wondering if this is why this is happening to you.

See if this reply is relevant to your issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/sharing-portfolio/m-p/11419293?page=1#M275600

Also, see working with PDF portfolios keyboard shortcuts here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

and see if this issue is related to losing focus between the different available task panes. That said what happens if you his the "ESC" key?

Would clicking on Help --->>> "Repair Installation do any difference?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ls_rbls, I'm not sure how that link to another post helps this situation. They seem to be different issues.

I am trying to change the zoom/page display of each PDF while viewing them within a PDF Portfolio. As I mentioned before I can do "Zoom to Page Level" through the menu, but the shortcut "Ctrl+0" does not work. Also, I'm not able to select "Fit one full page to window" at all while viewing a PDF within a PDF Portfolio. 

I have tried to make sure the focus is on the document before doing the shortcut and it still does not work. As I mentioned, other shortcuts are working, just not the ones I need (ctrl+0). 

Is there a way to get the Page Navigation Tools and Page Display Tools to show up on the toolbar while I'm in a PDF Portfolio?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say to check if any of the combined files in that PDF portfolio contain interactive annotations, in which case, it will not allow or conflict with the page content to reflow when using the Ctrl+0, Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, for example.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0