• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pages disappeared while editing one of them

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I was editing one page of a five page document all of the pages disappeared except the one that I was editing. This is the second time this has happened. I am working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC continuous release 2020.012.20043

I would appreciate any help with this. I would really hate for this to keep happening. Would like to know if this has happened to anyone else.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the pages disappeared while editing

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Please try to reboot the computer once and try again to edit and see if that makes any difference.

As you have the latest version installed, please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) go to Help > Repair Installation.

Is the file stored on a shared network/drive? If yes, please try to download the file to your computer locally and then try to edit and check.

Please try to turn off the protected mode for testing and see if that makes any difference. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Note: Turning off the security may possess security risks, please turn on the security after testing.

If turning off the protected mode works for you, please try to add the file and the folder to Acrobat whitelist.

Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Add File and Add Folder path > Click OK and reboot the application.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal, I tried the things you suggested and have not been able to recreate the problem. I appreciate your help.

DonnaUPA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The did no really disappear, they are just blank, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct! They were still there just blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the number of pages decrease, or are there now pages that are blank?  Can you provide a before/after screenshot, maybe?

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry Dave, I didn't take screen shots. My document was five pages. I had date stamped the first page. I was editing the second page. When I completed editing the second page I clicked save and scrolled back through the document and the only thing left was the date stamp on the first page and the second page that I was working on. The other three pages were completely blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

It has happened again. I have saved the file this time and redacted the customers information. I tried to enter one number of 7 digits and it kept making all my pages disappear. I repeated this three times and it happened all three times. I finally did not edit the document at all to be able to use it. I tried to attach the file but Adobe Acrobat doesn't support a .pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat supports .pdf files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just share a link to google drive with the file. This forum does not support pdf files, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links are not public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a scanned PDF by chance?  Opening a blank page, doing a Ctrl-A (select all) brings up a dialog stating that it's a scanned PDF, and an OCR must be performed.  If scanned, what sort of edits are you performing (redactions?).

The more details you can give, the better shot someone has at helping!

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we send out documents electronically and the provider will then print them, complete them and scan them back in. I never had this problem until I started using the newest version of Adobe. What I do to the document is add what they missed like a Medicaid number or a Tax ID# just usually a number they missed or didn't have and they knew we had it and left it blank knowing we would enter it. We don't redact. I just did that to remove personal information before I made it public.

I usually have a date stamp on the first page also and it is sometimes there when the rest disappears and sometimes it disappears also.

That's all the info I have.

Thanks,

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you add text and numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried copying and pasting and also typing in the numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tool of Adobe Acrobat does you use for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just use the add text feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add text the pages doesn't disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good, but what about why it keeps happening to me? It happened a month or so ago and then nothing until the other day when it started doing it again. Any suggestions of why it would be happening to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to another computer with Acrobat Pro, I'd try to perform your routine on that machine to see if the issue carries over.  That would help discern if the problem is your installation, or that document, I believe.  I am able to add text to your document without any issue as well.

If it is only happening with your installation, you might want to perform a Repair Installation under the Help menu.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines