Highlighted

Password Protected DocuSign not Prompting to put in password

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using DocuSign to collect signatures from our clients and I have noticed recently that it hasn't been prompting them to put in a password.

Some clients would receive the DocuSign and would have to fill in a password before being able to access and sign the documents, while some are just able to just bypass the password requirement.

I am worried about the integrity of this software's security and I would prefer not jeopordize the privacy of our clients. Please let me know how we can guarantee that every DocuSign prompts a password.

Warm regards,

Dave

Since Docusign is creating the PDF (not Adobe), your question should really be directed to Docusign.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Password Protected DocuSign not Prompting to put in password

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using DocuSign to collect signatures from our clients and I have noticed recently that it hasn't been prompting them to put in a password.

Some clients would receive the DocuSign and would have to fill in a password before being able to access and sign the documents, while some are just able to just bypass the password requirement.

I am worried about the integrity of this software's security and I would prefer not jeopordize the privacy of our clients. Please let me know how we can guarantee that every DocuSign prompts a password.

Warm regards,

Dave

Since Docusign is creating the PDF (not Adobe), your question should really be directed to Docusign.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are these users thart are by-passing the password scurity prompt using self-signed certificates?

Can you tell if the systems administrator(s) are not enforcing any type of signature time-stamp validation via time-stamp server, OR, are they just letting the users configure their own at the desktop level?

Is DocSign properly configured to interface with Adobe Acrobat? 

That said, is everyone using the same version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (and update version)? 

Can you also tell if  the type of Acrobat licensing and activation method is relevant to this issue? And in which operating systemn is this happening (does everyone use the same system build and update version)?

Perhaps any recent upgrades took place?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1