Highlighted

Pasting Page Numbers into the PDF Print Dialog box from Word

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to paste some page numbers into the PDF Print Dialog box from Word. 

So, I would like to copy "3-8,11-14" in my Word doc and paste it straight into the PDF Print Dialog box.

Yes, there is a thread where this issue was discussed. However, there was never a resolution. Perhaps some people previously uninvolved know the answer.

Thank you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/problem-with-pasting-page-numbers-into-the-pdf-print-dialog-b...

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pasting Page Numbers into the PDF Print Dialog box from Word

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to paste some page numbers into the PDF Print Dialog box from Word. 

So, I would like to copy "3-8,11-14" in my Word doc and paste it straight into the PDF Print Dialog box.

Yes, there is a thread where this issue was discussed. However, there was never a resolution. Perhaps some people previously uninvolved know the answer.

Thank you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/problem-with-pasting-page-numbers-into-the-pdf-print-dialog-b...

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread is about a year old and the issue was brought forward from using Adobe Reader DC version update 2019.012.20040. 

The user posted an inquiry with a product that was obviously missing all other optional updates that were pushed since October and Novermber 2019 (specifically to support the new 64-bit only macOS Catalina that was launched for Apple users at that time).   So that thread was never updated.

Now, This is an Adobe Acrobat Pro support forum.

Are you saying that you're experiencing the same issue that manifested back in 2019 for Adobe Reader DC  in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC latest version update 2020.012.20043 ?!?

I've tested this on my end using MS Windows 10 and MS Office 365. I am able to copy  from such applications  and paste into the Acrobat Pro DC print dialogue box.

Please provide your version of the operating system and Adobe Acrobat, and if you don't mind, also post a screenshot of what you get with the Acrobat print dialogue box opened.  I would like to compare with mine and see if you get the pages selection greyed out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ls_rbls,

I wrote to you and Bernd in a message to him below. I didn't know how to respond to both of you at the same time.

Thank you for your input.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you paste the numbers in the print dialog?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ls_rbls and Bernd,

This is what I see on the Printer Dialog Control Box:

FSPH_0-1598197658819.png

Now, in order to edit the pages I want to print, I have to click on the “Pages” button, and then delete the grey page suggestion (which is usually the whole document). I then go to a Word document and copy my page selection for printing. If I then put my cursor onto the area where the page numbers appear and click “Paste”, the area simply stays empty, nothing happens.

BTW, I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.012.20043).

Thank you for your input.

Would you have any idea what is going on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ls_rbls LATEST
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really strange. I recreated your issue on my end but is not happening. 

I am able to Copy from MS Word (Office 365 in MS Windows 10) and Paste with no problem doing the exact same steps as you've described.

Is this happening if you also try to copy from Wordpad, NotePad, or MS Excel, for example?

If this is only happening with MS Word maybe it can be easier to narrow down the problem and focus more into updating any COM add-ins or Visual C++ .Net redistributables, or lowering or disabling Macro security levels in MS Word.

• Latest C++ Downloads   <<--- if updating with these, make sure is the appropriate 32bit or 64 bit redistributable for your OS

Have you tried by repairing the MS Word installation or uninstalling and re-installing it?

Last, if you're using MS Windows 10, here's another idea:

• See slide below and disable the setting indicated in that slide. After making that change you'll be prompted to restart your computer

unicode-locale.png

This is just a suspicion of mine.

I was not able to copy and paste from a PDF scanned document into notepad appropriately until I turned this setting off. 

In fact, I was not able to use my keyboard short cuts to apply  accentuated characters in a MS Word document (or in any other program) using the "ALT" key + numeric pad combination method. After disabling that setting it worked. This setting is related to Unicode type used by MS Windows 10.

Disable and test how it behaves on your end (you can always re-enable it)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF