• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paying to have password protection issues

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to work on a bid for a builder and the PDF sent to me claims to be password protected.  Problem is, its not. At least not according to the builder and every other trade working on this mansion of a house. He uses the free version and opens it just fine every time. I pay for Acrobat PRO DC and am the only one having issues with the prints. I have the prints but will not upload them to the community because I can't read them so I have no idea if there is sensitive information I don't want to share. Any suggestions? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the password prompt appears when you try to open the file? Can you post a screenshot of that window, at least?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have to enter a password just to open the file, I can open the file without issues. The prints are encrypted so I can't take any measurements because that is considered editing and the PDF is secured. Funny thing is is that I have the option to add a password and protect the document so how is it already password protected? I've tried all the obvious things, including uninstalling the programs, and nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the directory that contains the PDFs that asks for a password, not the PDF document itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like it could be the problem cause I can open the document, I just can't do anything with it once it's opened because it's "secured" but it will give me the option to add a password. I've tried all the obvious things and am lost as to what to try next. What do you mean by directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not be able to add a password to a file that's already protected, if you don't know the password for it.

How did you arrive to that dialog, and what happens when you click on "Protect Now"? My guess is it's just an ad for this feature. It won't actually work on this specific file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks pretty definite that it has a password. Please open the file and go to File > Properties then click the Security tab; please post a screen shot of the security info shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"My guess is it's just an ad for this feature"

Yes, this is an OneDrive ad.

(But not really an ad since this feature is included in the price)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines