• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF bookmark destinations do not update when PDF inserted into other PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I insert a PDF at the end of another PDF, the bookmark destinations in the inserted the PDF do not update correctly.

For example, on its own, the PDF I want to insert has a bookmark pointing to page 10. The main, receiving, PDF has 100 pages. When I insert the PDF, the page-10 bookmark goes to page 10 in the main PDF. It's supposed to go to page 110. So Acrobat is not offsetting the destinations to account for the prior pages in the now-combined doc.

It's a problem with the file, not Acrobat. Is there a way to fix the file other than to manually offset every page number in every bookmark? It's over 2,500 pages and there are dozens and dozens of bookmarks.

I don't think it matters, but I'm using Pro DC, 2021.001.20145

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

What kind of links does you use at the bookmarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of links does you use at the bookmarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I figured it out. Well, your question prompted me to figure it out. 🙂

The PDF causing troubles is using JavaScript for bookmark destinations -- they're all hard-coded (e.g., this.pageNum= 18), which must be why they're all pointing to absolute page numbers after insertion into another PDF.

Thank you for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that would do it... If you're interested, I've created a (paid-for) standalone tool that will convert those links to "regular" links with a "Go to a page" action, which means they will update automatically if the file is edited.

You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/convert-javascript-links-to-real-links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines