• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF compression settings

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat DC (Cloud 2021) which preferences should I change to change the compression level of the pdf? I notice that when I open a 100Mb pdf, when I save it, even without making any changes, the pdf becomes smaller. While this is good, I'm interested in understanding where the compression parameters I can change are.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you save the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save it with Cmd-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are here:

Capture_207b.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Changing these settings and saving the file I see that the dimensions remain unchanged.

But if I execute a "Recognize Text" (Settings: Searchable Image Exact) on the file and then save with Cmd-S, the file is saved with a reduced size...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recognise text is going to read and replace all the images. It will do some kind of compression on them. This is already finished before the Save gets there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, do you by any chance know if there is a way to control the image compression parameters that occurs after OCR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the available options when you perform OCR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An ordinary SAVE AS does not compress, but it may be able to reduce space by, for example, discovering a duplicate background on each page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines