• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Display in Acrobat and Chrome

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created facing pages in Indesign and exported to a PDF. 

When I view the PDF in Chrome, it is displaying how I want (2 pages at once).

However, when I open the same PDF in Adobe Acrobat, it is displaying 4 pages at once.

Am I able to force the PDF to open in Acrobat with the facing pages so 2 appear instead of 4?

(I also have a front cover that is displaying alone how I want it to). 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro, go to File>Properties.  Choose the Initial View tab, and set your Page Layout to Two-Up (Cover Page).  Then save your file.  This setting should show only two pages on screen at a time, while shoing the cover page alone.

2up2.png

Let us know if this works.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like when you exported the PDF from InDesign, you chose export as spreads. That why is would display both sides of the spread that way in Chrome.

So to view it the ame way in Acrobat, go to File > Properties > Initial View.Then choose single page page layout. Then save the document and it will open that way from now on.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 1.49.22 PM.png

But if you just need to view it that way once, you can go to View > Page Display > Single Page View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines