• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.pdf display issue

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My background color won't show up in the pdf. It will show on the thumbnail but not the actual pdf.

[ title changed by moderator ]

"InDesign to PDF"  to  ".pdf display issue"

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ topic moved from Using the Community to InDesign forum ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the background in the indesign layout? how did you make it? can you show screnshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.22.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 4.22.54 PM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually made a box and chose the color. That simple. Some of them work in the document and some don't.

I even took one that did work and copied and pasted it onto the page and changed the color and it would not show up in the pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the page with the gold background--only the gold background disappears on that page. The red one is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your layers panel. Both of those objects appear to be on the green layer separate from the other objects. If the layer name is italic it is a non-print layer and will not export with the rest of the content. This is good for FPO or die-line objects. You can easily move them to a new layer by selecting the object and dragging the colored dot next to the layer name to the desired layer. Or you can set the layer option to print by double clicking the layer.

And use those bleed margins ;)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer is not in italics. Also, I had created the new green layer to see if that would work. Still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried making a .idml file and opening/testing fromt here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make an .idml document, the text doesn't even show up. And it didn't resolve the background issue. I'm running the lates Creative Cloud version of InDesign and Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, InDesign came up with a warning: "Version 4 ICC Profiles were converted to version 2 ICC Profiles during PDF Export." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discovered that it's not InDesign. It's my version of Acrobat Pro DC. When I open it on another computer using Acrobat X it works. It also works in Safari and Chrome when I open it there.

So now I asking what's wrong with my Acrobat Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled it and it still doesn't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you like me to move this to the acrobat forum to get more help?

jonathan

-moderator-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i marked your feedback as the correct answer. however i think somebody in the acrobat forum may have more information to answer why this is happening. 

thank you

jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and i renamed you post to a display issue in acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines