• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF displays with white backgrounds, can't read text

Participant ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 75 page PDF exported from Google Sheets. I want to view it in Acrobat Pro DC, but the background appears to be missing throughout, all white, so text is unreadable. Graphics from the Sheets source appear fine. I don't have access to the original Google Sheets document any more. I'm on Windows 10.

The page below looks all white in Acrobat DC before Placing into InDesign. However, it displays fine in Chrome and Firefox. Creative Cloud indicates there is no Acrobat DC update available.

Here's what a page looks like after being Placed into an InDesign document. I've cropped to reveal a dark blue Rectangle Frame I've added to the InDesign Master. I drew a green Frame on this page.

Here's what it looks like in Acrobat Pro DC after exporting from InDesign to PDF.
So, medium blue = Placed from Sheets, dark blue = InDesign Master Frame, green = InDesign page Frame.

I'm pretty desperate to figure out what's going on here. At first I blamed the Sheets PDF, but now it looks like Acrobat DC is displaying things wrong.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

good thought--thank you! however, i uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat and the issue vanished, so i can't test this solution. Very happy it's fixed though

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davidicus,

As per the issue description mentioned above, background color in pdfs are not displaying correctly, is that correct?

Could you try changing the document color option using the steps given in the following forum thread and check if that works?

PDF Background Appears Grey (on screen and on paper) Acrobat X v10.0.0 (Edit PDF)

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good thought--thank you! however, i uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat and the issue vanished, so i can't test this solution. Very happy it's fixed though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to confirm that this resolved my issue of the missing background, as the accessibility settings had the background colours removed by default. I didn't see this as an option when first installing, but perhaps I missed it. Either way, under Edit>Preferences - Then in the Accessibility Section, Uncheck "Replace Document Colors" then everything is fine again. Thanks for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you! this was driving me nuts. very easy fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines