• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Documents rendering as images not text

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something in my preferences?  When printing some articles from web pages, the text renders as highlightable while others render as images which I am not able to highlight.  Using OCR and enhanced OCR does not help. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you tell us how you are creating the PDFs from the web pages?  There are so many variables - from both a source and conversion perspective.  If the text on a web page is an image (scan or photo) of text, that's how it will be in the PDF creation initially.  You can run Acrobat's built-in OCR feature to convert the image-based PDFs to Text-included ones (with varying levels of accuracy).  You mentioned that the OCR didn't help.  Might the PDF have images and text and maybe handwritten content interspersed?  That scenario can be quite challenging for the OCR to interpret.  If you have the availability to do so, use the PDF conversion tool that is part of the Acrobat installation to convert from Web to PDF.  I find it has the best chance to get the conversion right.

Any more details you can provide, or even sharing a file that has issues could help troubleshoot this.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines