• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF documents show black pages or black images

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do some PDF documents show black pages or black images when opened in Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be due to a preference setting that's deselected: Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Show large images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the case for Acrobat X as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same preference setting is available in Acrobat/Reader 10, but others have reported grey images with Reader 10 that's appears to be unrelated to this. Something to do with low resolution images if I recall correctly. For example, see: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3636230

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2011 Aug 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Show large images" was already selected. The images are not exactly grey, they are black, but on my laptop monitor I can see a faint image when I view under a small angle. It also doesn't seem to have anything to do with Adobe Reader X, because that's not what I'm using, unless Adobe have introduced the same thing both in the latest updates for Acrobat Acrobat 9 Pro as in the latest reader update..... Any further suggestions, Anyone?

Rouke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2011 Aug 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to use extract images and then open them up in a graphics editor to see what is actually there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that, but it doesn't work. And besides, I already know what's in there. Some of these PDF's are software manuals that I've consulted before when they were OK, but now that I want to consult them again, they're not OK. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are the same manuals you have viewed before, then I assume you have changed Acrobat since then. If so, what version of Acrobat are you using? It seems you are talking about AA X.?.?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asume I changed Adobe by allowing Adobe to install automatic updates. I have been using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro and I'm still using it. Except that the latest installed verion is 9.4.5. So I asume that in one of its later versions Adobe decided to make some changes that affect images in PDF documents created with earlier versions. In other words, the latest version(s) seem to be no longer backwards compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my regular tablet I have 9.4.5 and have not had problems as you describe. I am sorry that I can not play with that version this week as I do not have that machine available. For others that might be able to check the problem out, it might be useful if you post a sample page of your PDF for others to look at. Just enough that demonstrates the point. If you cannot do it with a page from the document you have, if it would be possible to post something similar to get at the point. If you are successful in creating a problem page, then it might be easier to figure out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me how to post a pdf document on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks--I found this page when searching for a solution to this problem, and it worked perfectly.  I must have goofed up when I was playing around with the settings in Acrobat.  Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem must be in the PDF viewer because the document remained unchanged from when it displayed normally till when the fault occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Acrobat's X reader and it displays the images correctly. I'd still like to know why Acrobat 9 Pro won't do it properly. I'd also still like to know how to upload a pdf document to this formum so others can see what I mean and perhaps suggest a solution.

Cheers,

Rouke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They disabled attachments about 1.5 yrs ago due to some security issues. I would have thought they would have worked out the issues by now, but they have not. You can load your PDF to other sites, such as Acrobat.COM and post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even some samples included in Acrobat 9 Pro's own package do not display images properly. Eg. Adobe>Acrobat 9.0>Designer 8.2>EN>Samples>Forms>SubformSet>Outputs>SubformSet1 DataB.pdf. Using Acrobat 9 Pro, all of the form is in black. The circles with the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 are black and the numbers are invisible; the red and green headers are all black too and the text inside them is invisible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds faintly familiar and is related to some background choices. Unfortunately that is all I remember. If you search for setting a default background you might find the solution. I would also suggest going through the preferences under the edit menu. I will not be able to check further until next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help. I'd given up going through the preferences, but your comments are encouraging that I might find the solution to the problem there, so I'll have another look later on. I'll post if succesful.

Cheers,

Rouke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines