• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF does not open after printing online

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat DC is set to immediately open any new PDFs that I create, and it always has done so without a problem. But just lately -- although it continues to automatically open PDFs that I create from within my desktop programs -- it has suddenly stopped opening PDFS that I create from within my browser.  I noticed it recently when I was paying bills and printed my receipts. The PDFs DO actually get created and are accessible if I access them via File Explorer or from within Acrobat itself.  But they don't open automatically anymore from within a browser.

I am using Windows 10 and the latest Firefox browser. (I don't like Chrome but I did try printing a couple of PDFs from within Chrome and got the same non-results.)  I have checked all the settings I can think of.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you notice this problem after an update to the operating system or any of the programs you're using?

Which Adobe Acrobat are you using and version?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Thanks for noticing my post so quickly. 🙂  I'm using the latest Acrobat DC (I subscribe to Creative Cloud).

I honestly can't say if this started after any kind of update.  If that is the cause, it's the first time an up date has caused such.

I wish I could be more specific, but it was a gradual thing that I noticed ... first time, I thought it was a computer glitch and didn't worry about it.  When I noticed it again (probably days later), I rebooted.  Today I got serious and tested it, and it does seem to be a problem only when I'm printing a PDF from within a browser. You'd think a browser setting would be the culprit, but since it's happening in both Firefox and Chrome, I thought maybe there was a relevant setting within Acrobat DC that I'd somehow accidentally changed, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it could be a setting in the browser.

I would begin by uninstalling the PDF Internet Access Plugin for the browser that you're using. And then reinstall.

Also, keep in mind that printing from the browser is not the same as printing from the Adobe Acrobat application.

I would also check if updating the printer driver and resetting the preferences you had before can also resolve the issue.

And last, check in your Adobe Acrobat Preferences which browser is Acrobat defaulted to as well as checking in MS Windows that Acrobat is your default pdf handler and viewer and not Microsoft Edge browser.

Just recently I've been reading other threads about printing issues and came accross the Install Uninstall Troubleshooter for Windows 10.

This tool helps when you find if Windows is blocking a program from getting installed and fix other related issued automatically including printing and registry keys.

I would run this tool first before recommending anything else that involves cleanup and repair of Adobe Acrobat software since you're using plugins to print directly from a browser.

You can download this tool from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ck things out that you've mentioned.  I'm not a novice, but some of the items you've mentioned have not come to my attention in past, so worth pursuing. Thanks for the info! Hope something works. (What would be even better is if it just fixed itself, but <sigh> that isn't likely.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I also found the following link to be relevant in this discussion:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsinternals/2017/10/25/windows-10-how-to-configure-file-ass... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is interesting, if a little over my head at the moment. I'll have to re-read it and give it some thought! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Just following up and see if you were able to find a solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines