Highlighted

PDF file size too large

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 8-page PDF fillable document with a file size of 28,998 KB. I can't email it or upload it because of how huge it is. When I perform the Audit space usage, it says that the font is 99% of the file size. The primary font in the original Word document was Calibri and converted into a PDF fillable as such. How do I choose a "smaller" font and is it possible for me to edit or convert the PDF fillable without going all the way back to the original Word document and starting all over?

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF file size too large

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 8-page PDF fillable document with a file size of 28,998 KB. I can't email it or upload it because of how huge it is. When I perform the Audit space usage, it says that the font is 99% of the file size. The primary font in the original Word document was Calibri and converted into a PDF fillable as such. How do I choose a "smaller" font and is it possible for me to edit or convert the PDF fillable without going all the way back to the original Word document and starting all over?

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font does you use in the form fields?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calibri, Calibri Bold, Calibri Italics

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you this font?

Acrobat has embeded this large font.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you check in the file properties (File > Properties) what fonts are listed.

Unless Acrobat copies ALL your font library for some strange reason, I don't see where this 99% comes from.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF