Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf files on Adobe DC will not print from mac

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and a Brother MFC9130-CW printer.  Pdf files were printing fine on Friday but on Saturday it quit.  I can print random pages but not a full document.  Pdf's will not print from Google chrome, Adobe, or another pdf program I've downloaded.  It will print in Preview.  I have been able to print from every other program and website on the computer. 

I've read and followed the "trouble printing pdf" document on this site without any success.  I've talked to Apple and to Brother.  Both say that it's an Adobe problem.  I've uninstalled and resintalled Adobe without success.

I submitted this problem to the previous forum but midway through that help session, the old forums were deleted and I am no longer receiving responses there.  Please help me resolve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lisacal,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Please can you share few details regarding the issue, which you're facing:

1. Adobe Reader/Acrobat version you're currently using.
  2. Printer/Driver currently in-use
  3. OS version
  4. Is the issue reproducible on all PDF files, or on a single file. (If possible, Please share the PDF file)

We suggest to use the latest Adobe Reader's version. One can download from : https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

EMail : swapsriv@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your reply.

1. I believe I am running the latest version of Adobe as I mentioned I just re-installed it yesterday in an effort to fix this problem.  2019.021.20047

2. I also just updated my printer.  It is a brother MFC 9130CW and it says version 14.4 (555.6) in the "about" info

3. As mentioned in my original post, I am running Mojave OS 10.14.6

4. This is happening on every pdf file that I have tried.  It is not one isolated file.  There is not a pdf file that I have opened that I can print with Adobe.  I have been able to print the files with Preview.

Thank you Swapnil, I hope we can get this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of Adobe Reader and Acrobat Pro is .20049 published in October 24th. In this last optional update, and the out of cycle update to version .20048 some  fixes are meant to improve stability for macOS Catalina.

You can manually download these updates from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lisacal,

Thanks for the response.

Verified on Mac iOS 10.14.6 Mojave but am able to print PDF files locally as well as from network location. Also tried from Google Chrome as well, but no issue were observed.

Currently using the latest Adobe Reader - 2019.021.20049

Also checked the same for latest Adobe Acrobat as well; no issues were found there as well.

I suggest, Please update the application to the latest from Help >> Check for Updates and after a re-start, try again printing any PDF file from Adobe Reader/Acrobat.

Also, if still the issue is reproducible; Can you share printer logs if required? 

And, can you tell us; is your printer connected wirelessly or is wired in? Might be, it could be some printer connection or compatibility issue.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

EMail - swapsriv@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I went to Help>>Check for Updates, Adobe said it is already up to date.

The printer is wireless but it also does not work when I try connecting it.  Furthermore, I've had the printer for almost two years and this issue just started happening.  I have talked to Brother and done troubleshooting there.  They said it is not a printer issue.  I have also called and spoken with Apple who said the same thing.  Both said it is an Adobe issue since everything else will print from my computer except pdf files in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lisacal, Hello.

The latest version of Acrobat seems to have problems around printing, which may be affecting it.
I hope it will be fixed too.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-dc-reader.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for the comment.

Just checked from the list of known issues for latest Acrobat/Reader but the issue 'lisacal' is facing is not among them. 

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Swapnil, I am still without a working Adobe program.  I'm wondering if you had any more thoughts on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding to the suggestions,

There was another update published on 13th November.

Can you check if you have updated to version .20056 of you Acrobat product, and if not see if by updating it resolves your current issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several solutions that have worked for different people using different printers. 

Apperently Adobe does not communicate well using my Brother Printer's standard CUPS language.

1 - After opening the doc in Adobe Reader DC, use Shift Command ++   to invert the document, then Print. (You may have to reduce the size to about 96% to get the bottom of some pages to print on the page)   OR - -

2 - Set up a new printer in System Preferences using the printer type of IP, enter your printer's IP adress and choose - Line Printer Deamon and Use Generic Postscript Printer.   OR - -

3 - Do Both.

I tried #1 and got mixed results.  I tried #2 and got mixed results. I tried both and all is working well enough.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please update yuor printer's firmware following these steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aac-ZQDKPb4

When you go to this page: https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc9130cw_us&os=10052

A popup will slide up from the buttom of that page with a notice encouraging the user to perform an update on the firmware.

You will need to download and reinstall :

• printer driver
  • twain driver,  ICA driver (full feature software)
  • printer firmware update tool
  • wireless setup wizard for your print server configuration (CUPS)

NOTE: Advanced troubleshooting guidance here https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqcategory.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc9130cw_us&ftype2=176

TIP : I would uninstall Acrobat and the CC Desktop App , then update printer  software and drivers. Upon successful install, the reinstall your Acrobat and test to see if it works. If it works then install the CC Desktop App. Please use  the sull offline installer of Acrobat DC from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html  You will need to login with your AdobeID(your email address associated with your user account subscription) from the Acrobat DC application to activate it. 

++A caveat about CUPS : Is not a language, it stands for Common Unix Printing System, it can act as driver and as a print server configuration utility that can be accessed remotely vua web browser using port 631 with your computer user name and password. See here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Preferences

It is an open source internet protocol printing system,  developed and owned by Apple for unix-like systems. You can also delete your printer from CUPS and reinstall and configure settings to fix problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines