Exit

PDF files overlay

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Team.

Good afternoon.

I have two PDF files and i want to make this two PDF files to one file with Overlay.

this is sample case,

1. first PDF file has Name information (100 pages)

2, Second PDF file has phone number information (100 pages)

3. I want to make One PDF file with Name, Phone number with 100 pages

then how to make this new PDF file?

i need to has some program?

Could you check and recommend please?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need Acrobat to be able to do it. However, it might require using a script as the built-in function of adding a background file only allows you to select one page at a time as the background image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Try67.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have the Acrobat pro DC and i tried to do this Background function but it's working only one page.

so i want to make this overlay all 100 page once.

Could you check and recommend again please?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, this would require a script. If you're interested I could develop such a script for you, for a small fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why you say this is a simple case. This is an advanced and unusual case, certainly not something Acrobat was designed to do easily. If possible, do your mail merge in Word, Acrobat supports that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to "import as layer"?

You will find it in the local menu of the Layers navigation pane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, But this Layer is only apply one page.

but i have few pages.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a one-time operation? If not, you might want to to re-think your work flow. This sounds like a job for InDesign, where you would flow and format your text into two columns, having complete control over the file. That said, one work-around would be to place the first PDF into an InDesign file, using the place multipage PDF script (Window> Utilities> Scripts> Applications> Samples> placemultipagepdf.jsx). Make a new InDesign layer and place the second PDF on top, one page at a time (tip, if you display the InDesign pages at a reduced magnification, you can quickly place multiple pages without refreshing the screen, all 100 pages of the PDF will remain loaded into the cursor for placing). If the bottom PDF is not showing through, select the top page and change the transparency effect to multiply, export to a new PDF. Alternately, you can export each PDF as a text file then copy and paste into InDesign. Here is a slightly related discussion with some additional tips:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/number-all-lines/m-p/10893999?page=1#M173643

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines