Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Files Remain in Queue After Printing

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been having a lot of issues with this. Microsoft support was unable to fix the problem and directed me to the Adobe forums for an answer. Here is the issue:

100% of the time when I try to print ANY PDF file (from online or otherwise) the document prints on my HP printer but always remains in the printer queue and just says "printing". After a half an hour or so the file eventually provides an error message and says that the document was unable to print (even though it actually has printed). This prevents me from printing PDF files sequentially and can be a huge pain. The only way to print another file is to stop the printer spooler and delete the temporary files. The printer will also randomly re-print documents upon start up of my laptop.

This problem ONLY occurs when printing PDF files, it does not occur when printing ANY other type of file such as .doc .xls notepad or one note files. This problem is also not specific to any type of PDF reader, as I have tried uninstalling Adobe Reader DC and printing an online file and the problem persists.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Complete re-installation of Windows 10
  2. Uninstalling/Updating printer drivers
  3. Checking all ports on the printer (an adobe port does NOT exist on this particular printer, could be part of the issue)
  4. Re-install Acrobat Reader DC
  5. HP Print and Scan Doctor Troubleshooting

Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have searched many times for the solution but have still not been able to solve it.  It only started happening about a year ago with a printer I'd had for some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10 with Acrobat Reader, it simply remains in the queue and doesn't print.  There seems to be some new document actiivty tab and it simply says "ready to send to printer".  I'm like, ermm, well I've CLICKED on print, stop queueing it and PLEASE print it.  LOL, adding my voice to this unanswered post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines