Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Fill Forms - Text gets cut when filling the forms on iOS

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been trying to find an answer to this issue for days, but for now without luck. I found some people with similar problems, but they never got resolved.

So, I intend to make a PDF with fillable forms, which works great when working on a Windows machine. As soon as someone tries to fill the same PDF on a MAC, the text gets shifted down and cut off since it's "pushed" outside the boundaries of the fill box. I Tried to change the font, size, text style, etc.

If anybody ever had this problem and knows the solution, I'll welcome it with open arms.

FORM FILLED ON IOS:

Pic 1.png

FORM FILLED ON WINDOWS:

Pic 2.PNG

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be very sure that the Mac user does NOT use Preview, which is included with every Mac. Because Mac users have preview, they often ignore the instruction to use Acrobat Reader, which they must use to fill forms. Preview breaks forms (worse than you see).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, but that's not it. While it does mess up the form in Preview,  there is no difference when it's opened with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send a screen shot showing the file open in Reader? So far you've posted an iOS screen shot, don't know why, since your question mentions Macs. Is it Mac OS or iOS - very different beasts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem in on MacOS not iOS, my mistake. The forms get filled correctly on iPhones.

Both screenshots are from Adobe reader one on mac, the other on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A rule of thumb is to be rather generous with the field size, and position it accordingly.

And then test it on all the platforms you want to use.

Just from the screenshot, it shows that your field is too low; try entering "fgfgfg" and see how it looks.

Just about every PDF Viewer displaying form fields has a different way to render the contents, and to place the baseline of the text. C'est la vie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this is probably the closest to an answer there is. When I get the filled PDF back from a Mac and open it on my PC, everything is shown correctly. If the reason really is the difference in the text baseline, there is really no helpful solution if it can't be set to a fixed position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines