Highlighted

PDF Form Circulate through several emails for approval and signature

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on the best way of going about this project.

I have a vacation request form that is used by all of our employees, I have turned the word doc into a pdf form.  I need employees to be able to open the form fill it out, send it to their supervisor (1 of 2 people possible) then the supervisor will need to initial it (or checkbox if initialing locks the document) then they need to forward it to the CEO for final approval.  I thought I could do this with a few submit buttons on the form but it doesn't seem to like that.

Majority of our employees are not tech savy and only our staff has access to adobe acrobat pro. While I like the tracking data on forms it isn't necessary.  I'm hoping not to have to get into JavaScript because I'm not great at it and because I'd find another software before spending that time on it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and even more if you can help,

Maria

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF Form Circulate through several emails for approval and signature

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on the best way of going about this project.

I have a vacation request form that is used by all of our employees, I have turned the word doc into a pdf form.  I need employees to be able to open the form fill it out, send it to their supervisor (1 of 2 people possible) then the supervisor will need to initial it (or checkbox if initialing locks the document) then they need to forward it to the CEO for final approval.  I thought I could do this with a few submit buttons on the form but it doesn't seem to like that.

Majority of our employees are not tech savy and only our staff has access to adobe acrobat pro. While I like the tracking data on forms it isn't necessary.  I'm hoping not to have to get into JavaScript because I'm not great at it and because I'd find another software before spending that time on it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and even more if you can help,

Maria

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, as the creator of the form can employ the use of Adobe Sign, which will handle everything you're asking in a very convenient way, and also track the signing workflow.

Your non-tech savvy users don't even need to have Acrobat Pro, nor Adobe Reader installed to fill and sign their  portions. They can do it from a mobile device, and/or a web browser too.

With Adobe Sign you select signature blocks and the signers dte and initial blocks and associated it to the specific portion of the document that needs to be signed by that user only. 

See the user guide here: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/get-started-guide.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I was hoping to be able to put the file on our server or a web page so they could get it any time.  With this I'll have to email it out and not everyone checks their email.  We are moving towards tablets for all employees and wanted them to be able to click a file and submit the form.  

With this method, can the initial person just fill out the form portion then send it along without having to sign it?

Appreciatively,

Maria

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can.

You'll need to read a little bit through the user guide though.

I suggested Adobe Sign because you can publish a PDF as a web form, so that the users download and fillout  whenever they need.

I also suggested this approach because you can reuse a PDF as a template many times.

This also gives you the ability to make changes while the document is in transit. Meaning that, if one of your users already signed their portion but you find an error in the form, you can still modify the error and the correction will be reflected  on real time. There's no need to have users remove signatures, and send the email attachment back to you , etc.

Here are better visual references with videos: 

And here's a link to all reference guides:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think posting it as a web form will be key, I'll watch those vids and see what I come up with.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome. 

Hopefully you'll get it up  and running in no time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0