Highlighted

PDF Form field options

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to have a set of 8 fields where the user needs to choose their top three options. What is the best way of doing this? 

i.e. there are 8 instruments, and they must select their 1st, 2nd and 3rd options out of them. 

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF Form field options

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to have a set of 8 fields where the user needs to choose their top three options. What is the best way of doing this? 

i.e. there are 8 instruments, and they must select their 1st, 2nd and 3rd options out of them. 

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say (in my personal opinion) that instead of breaking it down to a total of 8 fields to employ a ListBox which allows a user do multiple selections from that list.

Or, you can also use Acrobat JavaScript to concatenate all the values that the user enters(or select)  from each of the 8 fields into one field.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find list-boxes problematic, as it's difficult to see what's selected in them and not all users know how to select multiple items (or that it's even possible).

One possible alternative is to place a drop-down next to each text field with the options "", "1st", "2nd", "3rd" and let the user rank them that way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0