Highlighted

PDF Form Fields

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Would greatly appreciate if some one could help me with this issue.

I understand that by additng a signtaure to a PDF, the form fields previously filled are no longer editable once the PDF is saved.

However I have several PDF that were signed in advance, then had form fields added meaning the text in the form field are editable and can be deleted.

Aside from adding another signature to the forms then saving, is there a way to go about this as I have several hundreds of PDF whereby the signatures were done first, then form fields added.

I have tried protecting my PDF using password encryption but the form fields can still be moved/edited.

Is it possible to:

1. Lock form fields without a signtaure?
  2. Pertaining to the answer in question 1, if it is possible, is there a way I can lock multiple PDF form fields all at once as I have 100 over PDF? Such as using the action wizard?

Thank you 

TOPICS
CC FAQ, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF Form Fields

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Would greatly appreciate if some one could help me with this issue.

I understand that by additng a signtaure to a PDF, the form fields previously filled are no longer editable once the PDF is saved.

However I have several PDF that were signed in advance, then had form fields added meaning the text in the form field are editable and can be deleted.

Aside from adding another signature to the forms then saving, is there a way to go about this as I have several hundreds of PDF whereby the signatures were done first, then form fields added.

I have tried protecting my PDF using password encryption but the form fields can still be moved/edited.

Is it possible to:

1. Lock form fields without a signtaure?
  2. Pertaining to the answer in question 1, if it is possible, is there a way I can lock multiple PDF form fields all at once as I have 100 over PDF? Such as using the action wizard?

Thank you 

TOPICS
CC FAQ, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 02, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to add form fields to a signed file, at least not one that has been properly digitally signed. If the signature is just a "wet" drawing or a stamp or something like that then it would be possible, but it's not a "real" digital signature.

To answer your questions:

1. You can set the fields as read-only or flatten the file. Neither one is a real lock, like the one you get with you digitally sign it, though, and will not prevent someone willing and with the proper tools and knowledge to edit it.

2. Yes, both options can be used as a part of an Action in Acrobat Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0