Highlighted

PDF form not calculation properly

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pdf form is not calculating correctly.  I built a simple log sheet to track Purchases.  The employee enters date, vendor and estimated cost.  I put in a field at the bottom of the cost column to calculate the total costs.  It "total cost" calculation functions correctly as long as I do not go back and change any of the estimated costs.  If I make a change, it continues to add the original cost to the calculation on top of any new costs.  I have gone back and zeroed all the estimated costs but the calculation for the "total costs" retains the original amounts.   

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional

Don't add the value of the total to the total.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF form not calculation properly

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pdf form is not calculating correctly.  I built a simple log sheet to track Purchases.  The employee enters date, vendor and estimated cost.  I put in a field at the bottom of the cost column to calculate the total costs.  It "total cost" calculation functions correctly as long as I do not go back and change any of the estimated costs.  If I make a change, it continues to add the original cost to the calculation on top of any new costs.  I have gone back and zeroed all the estimated costs but the calculation for the "total costs" retains the original amounts.   

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bernd Alheit | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Create PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Ken5CBE LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to set the field calculation order to whatever makes sense for your form. Post again if you need more help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 1
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd's answer is the correct one: You have the field that contains the total in the selection of fields you want to add up. What probably caused this mistake is that you are not using a meaningful name for the total field. It's name follows the same pattern as the other fields you want to add up. By naming it "Total_of_Estimates" or something similar, it's much easier to avoid this problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Knew it had to be something simple.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0