Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF has fillable fields, but printing blank fields even after it has been saved

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

When filling out the PDF (which has fillable form fields), I have then saved the PDF, but when going to print, it is printing out blank fields.

I have checked security under 'File' and 'Properties' and the security is set to 'No Security' and can be opened by "all versions of Acrobat". All restrictions are set to 'Allowed'.

What is the solution?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

In Acrobat use Tools > Prepare Form

Select a field and look at the properties

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the form fields set as printable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the properties of the fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how to 'look at the properties of the fields'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat use Tools > Prepare Form

Select a field and look at the properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  That worked!  Under ''Text Field Properties" > "General" > "Common Properties" > Form Field was set to "Visible But Doesn't Print".  I changed this to "Visible" and now it works.  Why they even have an option for "Visible But Doesn't Print" is strange, but glad you were able to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, printing the forms with fillable fields results in blank print out.

++ Adding to the discussion

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Dc you are using? To check the version go to Help > Check for updates and make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20074 isntalled. Go to Help > Check for Updates. and see if that makes any difference.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF form or with all the PDF forms that you fill and try to print? Please try with a different PDF form and check.

Are you the creator/author of this PDF form or have you got the form from a different user? Please check how the PDF form is created? Open the PDF form > Files > Properties > Under 'Description' check the 'Application' used for crreating the PDF form.

You may also try to print the PDF form as an image and see if that works for you. Go to Print > Advanced > Print as Image

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal:

I have the latest Adobe version installed 20.009.20074.

I was the one who created this PDF in InDesign. Also - it seems it is just this form. I have tried another PDF where there are fillable fields, and they are printing out fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines