• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF hyperlinks to external pdf files

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add hyperlinks to a base documnet pdf that will open a new file (pdf) in a new window to a specific page. This method shown below does accomplish the overall task but also set the current window to the same new document setting...

defaultpa10uv2rjtvz_0-1617487723697.png

Need advice. The target doc I am linking to is a multi-document collection of manuals for reference. Keeping the main root document open is critical.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need both actions. The second one is enough, and you can set it to open the document in a new window.

Unfortunately, you have to manually edit each line separately to do it, as it can't be automated with a script.

However, it is possible to automate it using a stand-alone application, like this (paid-for) tool I've created:

https://www.try67.com/tool/convert-all-links-in-a-pdf-to-open-in-new-window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After quite a bit of research it seems that Acrobat is not handling well such links pointing to a page object, so the solution needs to be manually adjusting the page numbers, instead. Not ideal, but it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Far be it from me to tell you how to do your work.  But my typical workflow is to have a table of contents section inside my main PDF with bookmarks to specific pages. It's a lot cleaner than fussing around with multiple documents.

That said, another option might be to use RoboHelp or FrameMaker.

https://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp.html

https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines