• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF lässt sich unter macOS Big Sur nicht öffnen -unter iOS & macOS Catalina aber kein Problem

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mehrfach mußte ich feststellen, dass ich PDF-Dateien , die ich per Mail erhalten habe, über Acrobat Pro DC unter macOS Big Sur nicht öffnen kann.  Ich erhalte dann von Acrobat Pro DC die Meldung: 

"Beim Öffnen dieses Dokuments ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Diese Datei ist beschädigt und kann nicht repariert werden."

Merkwürdig ist allerdings, dass ich die gleiche Datei über Acrobat Pro DC unter macOS Catalina ohne Probleme öffnen kann - ebenso über Acrobat unter iOS. 

Kennt jemand von euch das Problem bzw. hat eine Idee, wie ich die besagten Dateien, die ja offensichtlich nicht wirklich beschädigt sind, auch unter Acrobat und Big Sur geöffnet bekomme?

Für euren konstruktiven Input danke ich schon jetzt. 

Viele Grüße

SeeYou   

[moderator deleted the double of this post]

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable ot open the PDF attachment received by mail via Acrobat Pro DC on Mac BigSur and the same file opens fine on Mac Catalina.

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file. Also, please try to download and save the file to your computer and then try to open it and check.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using on Mac BigSur? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20145. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

If it still doesn't work, please try to enable the root account on Mac and try using the application there and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal and thanks for your response.

To answer your questions:

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file.

This behaviour occurs with several PDF-files but not with all. 

Also, please try to download and save the file to your computer and then try to open it and check.

I have tried that before - but without any success. 

However I noticed that when I airdrop such a "problematic" file from an iOS device to my macbook with macOS BigSur it opens without any problem. 

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using on Mac BigSur? 

I am working with the latest version.

Build: 21.1.20145.425325

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

I have reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described. This did not fix the issue either. 😞

If it still doesn't work, please try to enable the root account on Mac and try using the application there and see if that works.

As root I was able to open the said files without any problem - but not as normal user. 

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

SeeYou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. As mentioned the files open fine in the root account but not in the normal user profile, please try to repair the user profile as described in the help page https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4295589 and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines