Highlighted

PDF looks different in word than adobe acrobat?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive created a PDF file in adobe acrobat and I plan on doing a mail merge in word to add addresses to the pdf, but when I open the document in word the text is in different areas than than appears in adobe acrobat?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF looks different in word than adobe acrobat?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive created a PDF file in adobe acrobat and I plan on doing a mail merge in word to add addresses to the pdf, but when I open the document in word the text is in different areas than than appears in adobe acrobat?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not surprising, as the two formats are quite different. I would recommend you do the Mail Merge in Acrobat directly, using a script. Going back from a PDF to Word just to do a Mail Merge is not advised.

One such script is this (paid-for) tool I've created, that allows you to do it directly in Acrobat, and even automatically email the merged files to your recipients, if you wish to do so: http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/09/acrobat-mail-merge-and-email.html

You can also get it from my new website at a substantial discount, through here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-mail-merge-and-email-pdf-files

The discount code is available on the front page of the site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0