• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Name different to File Name

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a PDF File, the name of the file is usually the name that shows in the window up on the LHS of the screen. But yesterday I opened a file and the name that showed was a different one. Does anyone know why and how I can change it or why this happened?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

A PDF can be configured to show either the file name or the document title in the title bar. You can check by selecting: File > Properties > Initial View > Window Options > Show > File Name | Document Title

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PDF can be configured to show either the file name or the document title in the title bar. You can check by selecting: File > Properties > Initial View > Window Options > Show > File Name | Document Title

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! TYVM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open File> Properties

There is no Initial View option. Please help, what do I do? 

I am on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just solved it. Here's the sequence:

Edit > Preferences > Documents > check box Always use filename as document title

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this. Will it reflect only for the new file we create? Because my existing file name is not chaged yet even when I did this step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option in the preferences is for all documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this method, but I don't know why the name didn't change for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see Adobe Acrobat in the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening when I open with google chrome the pdf. The name in the left top isn't changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the document in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually when I am sending the pdf file to someone eg: Resume, they are right clicking it and opening with chrome. So when they are opening, it is showing a different name to them as I showed you the pic in my previous chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report the issue to the developers of the Chrome PDF plugin. It's not related to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works for Adobe Acrobat Reader but for Acrobat Pro I find no check box <Always use filename as document title> 

Is ther a solution for Acrobat Pro?  Other than editing the title manually to equal file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is available in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat doesn't have a global setting for this. It will show whatever is defined under the file's Initial View setting (which it can also edit, of course):

try67_0-1623314957988.png

However, if the Title field is empty it will show the file-name, even if set to show the Title by default.

Edit: It might have been added in later versions, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, problem solved! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PDF can be configured to show either the file name or the document title in the title bar. You can open your pdf file Notepad++ After you can Go search > click Find. open one popup box. u can write a "Title". after click find you can find your PDF title name. after u can change the name after Save the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very dangerous way of editing a PDF file. You can very easily cause it to become corrupted by doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it could be dangerous sometimes if the PDF does not contain only text. for only text PDF its safe till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines